Thursday, May 1, 2008

Stop the Insanity!

This time of year gets so busy. Even when I wasn’t involved with much outside of the home, it always seems to be busy. This is the time of year we test annually, this is the time of year we no longer want to be inside, this is the time of year I begin to organize and spring clean, this is now the time of year I plan field trips and a used curriculum sale... and don’t forget I still need to get my sons Sr. Pictures done and plan graduation!! Thats been a roller coaster of emotions right their! Time is a ticken!!

Im hearing a quote in my head... its from Susuan Powers...

" Stop the insanity!!!!"

Don’t get me wrong, I love everything I do, but lately I think its been to much. I stepped back from the computer for a bit, and now am slowly coming back. I was mostly doing memes and I began to feel like I lost my groove! lol ok... I sense another quote coming on! Ever see Emperors new groove? It’s a Disney movie... In the movie there is a line where the Emperor says "He threw off my groove"! Well I threw off my groove! I lost my rhythm....ok I have not been doing anything well....

I have been placing way to much focus on things outside my family and way to many things outside my quiet time. I have actually struggled with that earlier this year and this last month that slipped again....

I sat down w/ my husband and we talked about goals for me, we taled about seasons and what is important to me. What can I really handle, and what needs to go. Well at this time believe it or not... we decided nothing! What my husband did help me to see is I was accomplishing my tasks, but because I was not completing them doing my best... it was weighing down on me. I do not like to disappoint anyone... who does! I just tend to beat myself up over it! I’m sure like many women....

What has helped most is talking it out, writing the things out and then prioritizing what’s important at this moment, and reminds myself to only worry about today... you know the scripture...


Matthew 6:34
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



Putting it in context:


Matthew 6:33-34
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own


Now in fact if we read chapter 6 of Matthew we see it offers us a lot of encouragement and what we should be doing.... it talks about giving to the poor, fasting and true treasure! It even mentions what I think is a cure for worry and how we should focus!



Matthew 6: 25-34
For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



I toil and spin a lot latley... but what I really got from it all... is to keep Christ first, and take it one day at a time... a message I know, a message I have learned before.... but sadly, still need to hear again....

I think I can handle one day at a time. Dans helping me to be accountable for the days tasks and this is good. Life is full of worries, plans... un met expectations... what have you... I just needed to step back and gain perspective again..... *Ü* some day... I'll get it right... but for now, I will worry about today, take it all one day at a time, and do my best. If I’m still not doing my best, then we will re-evaluate...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, taking one step/day at a time over here too. That's all that we are able to do. Where we are incapable, He is able. I have just began to read Lies That HSing Moms Believe and it touched on this also. I know you are probably reading it also but it has really been a blessing to me.

Angela said...

Great inspiration- I have been in this place and no exactly how you feel. Once you have recognized it, then you can progress! You've got a groove girlfriend- keep inspiring others! ou are so good at that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the helps, Lisa! "You are sooo sweet. I could just dunk you in my coffee." (Hippo from Madagascar) LOL!

Tina in WA said...

I understand what you're saying. :o)

Praying for you my dear friend!

~Tina

Lisa~ said...

Thanks Tina...

I definitely have a new spring in my step...rejuvenated for sure.

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for you! :)

Lisa~ said...

Thanks Dawne! You are sweet! Thanks for the encouragment!

Lisa