Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homeschool conventions.. to go or not to go...


Have you ever gone to your States home school convention? Are you a regular attendee or someone who goes every now and again?

I remember my first convention. It was completely overwhelming. It was huge! So many choices in merchandise, booths and people! It was to much. I knew very little of what I really wanted and knew nothing of curriculum. I actually left not to long after arriving, not to return until 4 years later.

To bad too, lots to see and do at these annual events, and the encouragement you can get is wonderful as well. I wrote more about this over at The Heart of the Matter. Stop on over and visit.... let me know what you think....

Love to all, in Christ! Lisa~

3 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

I was overwhelmed at my first convention too -- I went w/ a homeschooling friend, my oldest (and only at the time!) dd was about 18 months. I've been to several since then...but not in about 5 years. I just spend money on things I don't need. :)
Lee

Lori C., Texas said...

I was way overwhelmed when we went to our first convention. I loved every minute of it though! The second year was better because we pretty much knew what we were doing. I was so proud of us both times we went. We spent no money. We had a great friend that homeschooled and she told us don't buy anything. Just get as many catalogs as you can, go to the workshops and then go home and read, read, read. That is what we did and I have yet to spend more than $20 at a convention.

Thanks for stopping over at my blog. We have been doing great. Those are black eyed Susans. That is the one that I do know!:) And I just put my picture up last week. I got my hair chopped off. So, I figured I would put my pic up!:)

Have a great week!
Lori

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

The first two that I went to I think were a complete waste of time. But this year I am really looking forward to going. And I think it's because I have a goal. I am going for the sales pitch :-) There are two writing programs that I am considering for next year...and both will have booths at our convention. I want to be convinced...and I will leave with one of them in hand. And then who knows what I might impulsively buy over at Rainbow Resources...