Saturday, January 12, 2008

Koinonia Academy Reporting....



This is a first in a LONG time. A weekly report from Koinonia Academy has not happened since... well last year! *Ü* In fact, Nov 17th was our last! Yikes! It said week 13. Honest, I looked it up!

I hope you all have had a blessed Christmas break! I'm excited to get into the groove of things and fellowship with my weekly reporter peeps!

So with that out in the open, here we are I guess at week 14! 14 down, 22 to go.

This has been a strange and challenging week. Normally just regular routines can be a challenge, but this week was not routine.

Monday, was actually a good day. No one got up on time, school took longer than normal... but it was not stressful in anyway.

Tuesday~ Now this was a great day! Look what we woke up too! More snow!








We also went and spent most of the day in Seattle.
We first hit West lake Center Mall and rode the monorail to the city center.


We took a short walk to the Seattle Children's theater to see The Never Ending Story. This was my husbands first play with us, and he really enjoyed it. In fact he wants to go see Hamlet next month with us.

Next.... the Seattle science center for some relaxing educational fun and kill time!

After all that we were all starving! So we took another short walk to a favorite burger and fry restaurant close by Key arena called Dicks drive in.

It was time to start our journey back to the ferry, so we took a bus to Pike place market for some fresh mini doughnuts and coffee as we walked to the ferry.

See, it was a good day!

Then Wednesday... this day... well it was eventful. School went well, we completed History, literature, math, science, grammar reviewed, Spanish.... accomplished chores... oldest 2 went to youth group. It began to snow just after 9:00 pm so I called my son to hurry him home, and said drive slow. 9:50 I got a call form my son, a bit panicked saying they got in a car accident and totaled his truck. long story short, that is what happened. He slid right into the back of someone. Everyone is fine, but they all had sore backs and necks. Shawn and Christina both have hurting hips too. We are so grateful it wasn't any worse, but it was absolutely horrible having to drive so incredibly slow in the snow to go get them.

Thursday No school for anyone.

Friday was a half day. No one has been able to focus. Especially myself, and if I cant focus, chances are no one else does either.

Recap of week we really completed about 2 maybe 2 1/2 days worth of school our first week back. So in light of it all, we will pick up where we left off here. Next week is another week, just like today is another day!

I read these 2 scriptures this morning... they belssedme so Im sharing them with you too.

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

7 comments:

Tina in WA said...

Very eventful week. Praying for you all.

Your Seattle day sounds wonderful!

I loved those scriptures. Yes, when we feel week, God is our stregth. Many times I lean on him when I can't support myself. And then I wonderful, "Why didn't I do this in the first place?" :o)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings~Tina

PS: I will be posting our long overdue report today too. :o) I blame it on the WA Wacky weather. :o) LOL Can we do that? :o)

Audrey said...

Sounds like you had fun!

Brittney said...

I love your laid back attitude towards school/life. "Next week is another week" I am really trying to adopt that mindset. Slowly but surely I am coming around.
Your day in Settle had me drooling. I love Dick's! And I ALWAYS get mini donuts when we are at Pike's Place. Glad you all had a great time and Dad got to go too! What a joy!
Have a great weekend!
Brittney

Karen said...

Your week sounds great, except of course the icy road accident. Glad everyone is okay. That is scary. Driving slowly in the ice to get the kids after an accident would be almost unbearable.

Lisa~ said...

Brittney,

It may seem laid back, but it doesn’t come with out disappointment. I had visions and plans for our first week back!

We are all given a 24 hour day... I unfortunately can’t change that! LOL Trust me I would try!

How cool we like some of the same places in Seattle... its fun having people in different parts of the country know what I’m talking about! *Ü*

You have a great weekend too...

Karen... that slow drive to get my children was the longest drive in my life! They were 15 minutes from us, but add the snow it was over 30 minutes.


Tina… another scripture that came to mind was the one in Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes 1:9: What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

I remember this one most… when things go wrong… It couldn’t be truer…
It honestly helps me focus and relax. *Ü*


Lisa

lazy susie said...

Tuesday sounds great! That is my kind of day.

Have you had their necks checked? Whiplash, even mild, can cause serious problems later on. You've had a lot of prayers though!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. I know it could have been worse. And you know what? Homeschool is great because we're in control and sometimes we just need to deal with things and then when we're ready we can get to business!

Hope your week is wonderful!
Katherine