Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tag You're It!

I've been tagged--and now,if you're reading this, you get to do it, too--you're tagged. Post it on your blog!

Two names you go by:
1. Chuck
2. Lease

Two things you are wearing right now:
1. Levis
2. Towel on my head *Ü*

Two of your favorite things to do:
1. Spend non school time w/ children
2. Read

Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. a clean house
2. a bazillion dollars! *Ü*

Two favorite pets you have had/have:
1. Gidget yellow lab
2. Snickers aka Snicker doodle my cat (was my sons *Ü*)

Two things you ate(or drank) today:
1. Coffee
2. French toast

Two people you last talked to:
1. Tina
2. Christian

Two things you're doing tomorrow:
1. homeschooling
2. go for a walk with girls (outside!!)

Two longest car rides:
1. from Washington State to Southern Maryland
2. Washington State to Orange County California

Two favorite holidays:
1. Christmas
2. 4th of July

Two favorite beverages:
1. Water
2. coffee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! First I enjoyed reading about your sons visit to Africa, how wonderful...but next time please allow me to hide in his suitcase and go along! lol Actually make it a very large one so I can bring me back a few children from over there. :)

Yes, the turtles are FUN...I never had a desire or interest in keeping turts before, but now that I have one, I am addicted! I added another to my family (pictures on blog) and I do have a 3rd one (a tiny baby) coming in the next 2 days.

They are the perfect pet for a responsible child. They do not shed, are quiet, are cheap to feed, not too messy (unless you get an aquatic turtle, then you have to clean the big tank like you would for fish). The only con is that you must be viligently clean in your husbandry and in hand washing due to the slight risk of salmonella. I would highly recommend a turtle for a child of 10/12 and up in age...and also a either a semi-aquatic or terrestial turtle or tortoise. : )

Anonymous said...

Yes he was in a royal crown felt bag (obviously my seller drinks) He was shipped via overnight fedex. He was shipped according to my delivery confirmation at 2:00 pm, and I had him at my door at 1:30 pm the next day.

One must, of course, take into consideration the time of year and weather where the turt is traveling through. I would not recommend shipping one in dead winter! A heat pack or cool pack could be used though if needed. You'd be suprised how many folks ship reptiles! :) How do ya think your pet store gets them? Even though pet stores are supposed to only sell captive bred herps...the fact is some of them are WILD caught from their native place...my turtle's native home is Central America (anywhere from Mexico to Costa Rica).

Now supposedly PetSmart (where I got Mortimer, my 1st turtle) only sells captive bred herps, however, I beg to differ. Sometimes they may not even really know, only the breeder or 'catcher' would. ;)

Aris came from an individual who bought him from a breeder so I know that he was captive bred.

I do wonder, from the appearance of shell and behavior though, if Mortimer was not, maybe, wild caught. Hmmm

I guess I'll never know, but I would never willingly buy a wild caught turtle, because # 1 that is illegal and # 2 that is why turt's are becoming either extinct or in danger of. They do not reach s*xual maturity for years (unlike dogs, deer, etc) so they CAN easily become endangered with so many people bringing home wild ones for pets. KWIM?

Ok there is your herp education for the day! lol