Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I can provide

I can provide more for my children. I can....
I can comfort them,
disciple them,
play with them,
and I can help set them on a future path.

I know what their influences are,
I know where they are,
I know what they are thinking,
I know what they are feeling,
I know when they need a break,
I know when they need a push,
I know when they need to cry,
I know when they need to laugh,
I know when they need to run,
I know when they need to be still,
I know them and they know me.

I can show them the awesomeness of God, His love, His Sacrifice.
I am there when they succeed,
I am there when they fail.
I am right there with them.

I only have limited time to witness to them,
To be an example to them,
to try to show them the world through beautiful eyes.

Once they are grown,
I can only pray that all I have done will make a difference.
There’s enough time for them to experience the world. I have a limited time to be their “Mommy”.

Author unknown

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

This is so beautiful. I've read it several times over the past few days and I love it more each time I see it!

Jennefer

Lisa~ said...

I know! It struck a chord in me too! I wish I knew who wrote it.... It
was titled a Home school mom.... but I think it applies for all
mothers.... not just homeschoolers.

I'm so glad you liked it! That blesses me!

I loved your post today.... I plan on posting a response! You are very
inspiring dear! I'm going to begin my walking tomorrow! Baby steps to
good health!

Lisa~ your KS friend