Monday, October 8, 2007

Journey to good health

Ok... today we did it! We went for a walk this morning after bible study! What a good walk it was too! We have a nice trail not to far from our home. It covers about 1.5 miles. Maybe 2 from my home. 4 to and fro.

We took the dogs with us... and what an adventure that was! KeyLee has not been trained at all. I had to take my gentle leader off my dog Gidget and put it on KeyLee. She was all over the place, until the gentle leader. It took about 30 minutes to get her used to it and to obey, but she did it! Gidget on the other hand, took RyLee for a walk, since I took the gentle leader off of her! lol I think we need to invest in another leader! lol

We were out for about 1 hour. 30 minutes to, 30 minutes fro. We didn't walk the entire trail, but we will. My mind was drifting to "we have not started school yet!"
The trail was beautiful! Everything is green and wet today, but it was a wonderful atmosphere. The trail is not all over and has been used a lot. I think it could be a running trail too!

My hope is for us to walk outside 3 days a week and use the treadmill twice. I want to get to a place in my health that I can run. My girls too. It will be good for us all. No one complained on our little journey. They welcomed the change. This is so good!

So here is to Jennifer at Smooth Stones Academy. I'm going to try and become a runner. My goal you ask? Weight loss and good health! My children.... better health and forming good habits about health and exercise!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hear you on the running. I started walking last week and hope to eventually work up to jogging 5 days a week. I was inspired by a women they had on the news that lost 162 pounds just by walking 7 days a week and watching what she put in her mouth. My goal is 30lbs and to tone up everything. If she can loose 162 I can surely get my goal off.

She decided to change her life when one of her friends passed away due to obesity. She knew then that she had to do it for herself and her family after seeing what her friends children were having to go through.

I also read on another WTM blog where it is the best way to keep every part of you body toned.

With that said, thanks for the pizza recipe. Yours looked so great I just drool everytime I see it.

CindyinTexas
HS 2 sons for 8 years and counting

Lisa~ said...

LOL... I know! I thought about that after I made this post! Journey to good health, followed by the best pizza! lol

Sad thing... no pizza for me for a bit.... no baked goods either.... Maybe every once in a while....

Im counting my calories.... and trying to stay away from sugar and fat best I can.

*Ü* I have a little bit more to loose than you.... but here is to good health!


Lisawa~

Jennefer said...

Lisa,

Way to go! I am cheering for you all the way. :)

It is so funny to see your sweet girls in their jeans and long sleeves. We are still in tank tops, shorts and flip flops here in Houston!

Keep us updated on how it's going. Oh, you know what...I remembered that I needed to add one more benefit of running on my blog - you have *tons* more energy! It seems backwards but when you are so tired you don't want to exercise, that's exactly when we should! That's one of the things I am looking forward to the most now that I am running again..getting my energy level back up again.

Blessings,
Jennefer

Darcy @ m3b said...

Well, I had a good start. LOL. I set my alarm for 6 am. I heard it go off looked out the window. it was still pitch black and raining.

So what did I do? Did I get up and wait for the light? Nope. Snoozed for 2 more hours.

Well, a sad start, but tomorrow's another day!

I'm proud of you. Gorgeous dogs and even more gorgeous girls.

Cynthia said...

We also need to get out and enjoy some fresh air before these beautiful fall days turn into cold winter days. Congrats on your first day of life changing habits!

Tina in WA said...

Wish we lived closer together to take those walks together my friend!

~Tina

Lisa~ said...

Jennifer.... It was cold yesterday morning! Wet too! It rained most of the weekend..... I have a feeling we will have a cold wet winter here....

Darcy! You crack me up! My internal clock wont let me sleep past 6:00 most days. :( I would have to be sick or not feeling well to go beyond that. Im also a wimp and go to bed by 10:00. *Ü*

Tina... I know... it would be nice. I remebered my walks with Robin yesterday. Its always good to go with a friend. We did that every morning for 2 years.... rain, snow, sun! I love Lions Field waterfront!

susie said...

WTG on the walking! And maybe running... :)

Exercise is so good for us, and it's a double blessing when we teach it to our children.

Keep it up!

susie in tx

Hen Jen said...

So, Jennifer is getting to you too! I have been thinking about running too. I have to think about something for a few weeks before actually doing it...