Monday, October 8, 2007

Jessica at Trivium Academy’s Papa John’s Pizza

Here is that great Pizza recipe! It is very easy to make.... great for in a pinch, fast dinner that wont cost an arm and a leg! I couldn't find it on Jessica's blog.... but as soon as I do, I will fix the link. Right now the link takes you to The Well trained Kitchen blog so you can print it out if you want. Here it is though! Enjoy... it has become a favorite in my house! Below and at the bottom is a few of our favorites.

Papa John’s Pizza Sauce
1- 10 3/4 oz. tomato puree
1/4 c. water
1 tea. olive oil
1/4 tea. lemon juice
1/4 t. (each) salt, oregano
1/8 t. (or a pinch) basil, thyme, garlic powder

Bring to boil, simmer for 15-20 minutes.

While sauce is cooking preheat oven to 400° and make your dough. This recipe makes two pizzas in our home.

Dough
1 cup warm water
2 T. sugar
1 pkg. dry yeast
3 c. white flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. olive oil
thyme, basil, oregano, garlic powder as you like

Mix the water, sugar and yeast together well. Add the flour, salt, olive oil and spices. Knead dough, let rise for 5-10 minutes. Separate in two, roll out with floured pin (I use a floured glass).

Sauce is done, put a good layer of sauce on, add desired toppings then 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella or pizza blend cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

Yummy! Most of the time this is better than eating from a restaurant, plus there’s so much you can do. Add onions, peppers etc. You can even make it in advance and freeze it, just bake in preheated oven 400° for 20 minutes keeping an eye on it.

Here are Koinonia Academy's favorites:

BBQ Chicken pizza, red onion caramelized, cheddar cheese and asagio cheese.
Sliced tomatoes and goat cheese, mozzarella, with Italian dressing for the sauce.
Alfredo sauce with Cheddar, mozzarella, and asagio cheese....
Chicken with avocado, sour cream... yum..aka the Californian *Ü* Just to name a few

2 comments:

ukkiwi said...

Lisa thank you so much for your kind words on my blog and thanks for the recipe on yours I will give it a go, it is nice to know I am doing an ok job, sometimes I have days where I wonder why or how I will keep going and having no husband or family to say you are doing ok can be a bummer sometimes but I think we are getting by. And every day is a challenge and I think I thrive on challenges lol.
We needed a change for history this year I feel like we have been doing Ancient Egypt and Greece forever and the kids wanted to add something exciting, do you follow a curriculum for your World History? I don't buy any curriculum's really other than the odd thing here and there so have to work out yet what we will do for world history for next year, our year runs Jan to Dec so I need to start planning.

Thanks for stopping by.

Darcy @ m3b said...

Thank you! Thank you!