Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Civil War Weekend

Oh what fun! I have always wanted to go and see a reenactment of some type! This weekend... in a little tiny town not to far from us... They had a Civil War reenactment. We didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted to their, but it was a lot of fun for the time we did get to spend. We decided next year we will try and make it for the entire day on Saturday, instead of a partial day on Sunday.

I took a ton of pictures, but I don't want to bore you. *Ü* So here are my favorite few...

Heading into battle men!






Marching into Battle!!




Getting ready....




Kaboom!



Mothers looking for sons



A Grieving mum


The battle is over



Camp



Camp Kitchen



Signal Core Flags



I loved this one! Pretty in blue



Fiddle dee dee Rhett Butlua



Lovely bonnets



Waiting on the shuttle




6 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

how interesting that would be

Im going to show your photos to my home schooler we are studying the Little House on the Prairie books at the moment

Jen

Lisa~ said...

We are reading that series right now too! Love it...

This was a lot of fun... I want to go back next summer... how sad I have to wait that long! lol

Lisa

the striped rose said...

The camp set up looks great. Those mothers looking for their sons would be hard to watch in any age.

Michele

Lisa~ said...

It was... it was emotional.... it was all very well done... I look forward to spending more time at it next year....

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa said...

We went to a Civil War encampment a few years ago. WE've wanted to go again many times, but it has never worked out. This makes me want to go NOW. lol Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

What great pics! The one with the crying mother is really moving.