Friday, September 4, 2009

Lunch!!


Black bean and goat cheese quesadillas w/ guacamole!

YUM!! That's all I can say!



Serves 8 as an appetizer;3 as a main course

3tbs.Olive oil
1 small yellow onion,finely chopped
1 15-oz. can black beans,rinsed and drained
1tsp. cumin
1tp. chili powder
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I used 1/4 c.)
1 large or 2 small avocados pitted and peeled
2tsp. fresh lime juice more to taste ( I used 1 small lime, all of it)
3-4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
6 flour tortillas, 8 inches across (I used whole wheat ones form Costco)

In skillet:

heat 2 tbs of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, till translucent and soft. Add beans, cumin, chili powder and 1/2 cup water and cook 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. take the pan off the heat and mash mixture with back of a fork.

In a small bowl:

combine avocado, lime juice and cilantro and mash till a chunky mixture. Season with salt to taste.

Spread black bean mixture evenly over 3 tortillas. Scatter goat cheese over the bean mixture ( use as much as you want *Ü* I did) and cover with other 3 tortillas.

I broiled mine on a cookie sheet. I didn't wait for the oven to heat I just placed it right in and set the timer for 5 minutes, flipped it and cooked for 4 minutes. Cut into 4 slices (each one) add avocado mixture and any salsa of choice. Can eat hot or cold. Its all good!!

Side note: you can add another 1/4 c. cilantro to bean mixture if desred.




1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Lisa: That recipe looks so delicious. I tend to be way too boring and plain with lunch. I really need to do better! :)