Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am at it again!!

I am at it again! Trying to make life simplified. I get on these tangents sometimes don't I? I have good intentions, but rarely do I stick to anything for long and I revert back to old habits.

I was at Costco the other day and found 2 books I really wanted!! The first one that caught my eye




That was followed by another....




Well, I got both! *Ü* Couldn't resist it. They were also a great price. $8.99 each.

What I like about theses books is that they are so versatile. They not only have a few different once a month cooking cycles, but they also have 2 week cycles and 2 two week gluten free recipes as well.

The book is easy to follow. Its not so wordy that you have to get through half the book before you can start. It has a small section for how too, set up, freezing tips and suggestions, but for the most part you dive right in. That's me in a nutshell!

The book also offers a menu chart for each cycle, a pantry list, shopping list, assembly order instructions and then recipes for each menu.

The book offers 2 monthly cycles (60 recipes, 2 two-week cycles and 2 two week gluten free cycles and recipes. I'm repeating myself aren't I? Sorry... *Ü*

Friday is shopping day for me this week. So Saturday I hope to get to it. It offers clear, easy instructions to get er done. I might be jumping in over my head but, I am using the first 2 week cycle before I jump head first into monthly cooking.

So hear is to me trying!! I will post how I did next week. *Ü* The book Im using first is Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites:by Mary Beth Lagerborg (Author), Mimi Wilson

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ooh, I'm so glad you got that cookbook because I am getting the family favorite's one in the mail any day now. :0)
I have the first one the author's wrote several years ago and I'm looking forward to the new one.
I hope you post some great recipes so I can try them too!!

Tammy said...

I haven't thought about Once a Month Cooking in ages...of course, at the moment I'm too tired to think about cooking even one meal! LOL!

Lisa, do both books have the gluten free recipes? My oldest son needs to follow a gluten free diet and this may be a good book for my d-i-l to have on hand.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~